Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Merco Crit - March 3, 2012 - Jenny Rios

Holly. Amber. PC, Bea and I did Merco cycling classic. 
The crit was a technical race with 7 corners. The crit had a lot of holes and that made the crit a little more technical. We did 35 laps and it was windy! The average was 41km. We rode with the best US teams like Specialized lululemon and Exergy.
The first laps Amber, Holly and Bea had a good position in the front. PC and I took a crash in the 5th lap so they opened up a gap. We chased hard to connect again with the group.
I saw Holly and Bea in good position so I moved to be with them at the front. Amber and I in the last 15 laps stayed on the front. It was easier than being the back, which was single file.
The last 5 laps all the girls tried to stay in good position for the sprint. Bea stayed always at the front with the best. Holly and Amber stayed in the middle of the field and in good position.
They did over 50kmph in the sprint.
I was really happy for all the experience we got and for Beas result. She took 10th. We did our best and we are ready for the next day. It was a good experience for me since It was my first time doing  merco and spending time with the girls as a team :)

No comments:

Post a Comment